Among the first in Europe CRP Technology is involved since 1996 in 3D Printing namely Additive Manufacturing with SLS technology and Windform composite materials developed by CRP Technology.
3D Printing and Additive Manufacturing refer to Rapid Manufacturing and namely to the production of finished and functional parts through additive techniques of manufacturing (Layer Manufacturing).
Windform materials are a layer above 3D Printing
Additive manufacturing and 3D Printing with Windform laser sintering materials are taking 3D Printing to the next level. Windform powder is utilized to create performing parts for Motorsports, Space, UAV, Automotive, Entertainment and Medical.
Windform 3D Printing Materials are reinforced performing laser sintering powders for additive manufacturing. Their mechanical properties make them a layer above 3D Printing, leading from rapid prototyping to rapid manufacturing.
With 3D Printing and Additive Manufacturing CRP Technology supports the customers offering:
- Finished and functional parts for sporting vehicles, road vehicles and concept models
- Mock-up for assembling, fitting, functionality and performance tests (for example on static and dynamic dyno and on track)
- Finished and functional parts for limited productions
- Mock-up for windtunnel
- Functional prototypes
- In-scale reproduction for physic archive
Moreover CRP Technology sells SLS composite material Windform and the R&D department always studies new innovative materials and processes.
The main properties of 3D Printing and Additive Manufacturing are:
- Total freeform and no limits in designing (Design For Functionality instead of Design for Manufacturing)
- Production of pieces with undercuts and complex features that might be difficult to realize with traditional production systems
- Reduction in product and project realization timing and reduction in cost production
CRP Technology has been in the field of 3D Printing and Additive Manufacturing since 1996 when it began to develop the SLS technology as well as new polymeric with high structural properties (the family of Windform materials). The department of 3D Printing and Additive Manufacturing of CRP Technology creates a finished model in short time and it is suitable for functional tests, fluid-aerodynamic, fitting and assembling.